Glossary of Terms
- Blockchain: A decentralized, distributed ledger that is used to record transactions and track ownership of assets.
- Cryptocurrency: A digital asset that uses cryptography to secure its transactions and to control the creation of new units.
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi): A financial system that is built on blockchain technology and operates without a central authority.
- Ethereum: A blockchain-based platform that enables the creation of smart contracts and other decentralized applications.
- NFT (Non-Fungible Token): A unique, non-duplicable digital asset that is stored on the blockchain.
- Smart Contract: A self-executing contract with the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller being directly written into lines of code.
- Wallet: A digital app or physical device that is used to store and manage cryptocurrencies and other digital assets.